The order could really gain a foothold with the construction of its institute house in 1717. The church was completed almost twenty years later, in 1737. In fact, the international religious community was active in Bamberg until 2001 and ran a secondary school for girls.
For financial reasons, in 2002 the Archbishopric of Bamberg took over the sponsorship of the church. In memory of the English Miss, it was decided to change the name of the school to Maria Ward School.