St. Elisabeth

The history of the Elisabethenkirche begins with the foundation of the second Bamberg Bürgerspital by the citizen Konrad Eseler in 1328. From the Middle Ages to modern times it served as a religious room for patients, relatives and nursing staff. But when the city decided in 1738 to merge the Elisabethenspital with the Bamberg Katharinenspital, it was also decided to accommodate a prison in the now vacant premises in the sandy area. Weiterlesen »


  • Obere Sandstraße 42, 96049 Bamberg
  • German
  • English
visit Bamberg