The Old Court
The Old Court (Alte Hofhaltung) is a Renaissance-style building complex built on the site of the former Castrum Babenberg. The Castrum served as the Palatinate of Emperor Henry II and was used from 1007 as the Residence of the Bishops. In 1185, immediately after the devastating second cathedral fire, a one-storey palace was built adjacent to the cathedral square. In the late 16th century, it was demolished by order of Bishop Veit II of Würzburg and replaced by a new Renaissance building. Weiterlesen »
Daily from 09.00 a.m., the courtyard is closed at sunset.
- Domplatz 7, 96049 Bamberg